Sunday 18 January 2009

We are all Palestinians



















Marco delli Santi.

House of Love and Dissent


Though many look away and carry on their lives as if it
were of no concern.

Like Spain, so many years ago.

And look what happened then, when they did not stop
the fascists.

The world at war.


These words of Pastor Martin Niemöller have been used
and abused many times but are true nonetheless.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,


There was no one left to speak out.


Silence is complicity.

No comments: